The Jesuit Center
In 2016, the USA Northeast Province launched The Jesuit Center Campaign, an opportunity for donors and friends of the Jesuits to help transform two existing buildings on Manhattan’s 83rd Street into a central administrative office for the future USA East Province and a home for members St. Ignatius Loyola Jesuit Community.
Gifts to this capital campaign helped to underwrite the design, construction and implementation of the Jesuit Center. This fundraising initiative marked the first time that donors in throughout our region have had the opportunity to shape the future of Jesuit ministries throughout the eastern United States.
Thanks to the generous contributions of friends,
the Jesuit Center improvements included:
- The renovation of 16 bedrooms
- 7 conference center guest suites
- New chapels
- New kitchen, dining and library areas
- New elevator
- Construction of 6 new offices
- A garden area for community,
parish, province and school gatherings
and, a place for reflection and relaxation
- Energy-efficient window installation
- Electrical and technology upgrades